As most of you know this weekend was homecoming, I attended two events Bonfire and the Parade. I have been thinking a lot about life and my life in general.
This morning over a breakfast, my friend and I were talking about general what’s going on in our lives. I made the comment that since I was worried about how housing was going to work for the summer and that I was planning to take classes at Private University. That since I know, due to family personal issues, that most likely will not be getting a car next year. That it would make things easier, like when I want to go home. to target, relay meetings, grocery shopping, or that emergency trip to the bike shop. I could go when I want to go or where I want to go without other people, sometimes I hate being dependent on people. I would not have to worry about getting a ride. The flip side to that is that getting a ride places has taught me how to communicate better and build relationships with people around me. It has taught me to practice humility and patience. On the other hand, I worry about since I am living in a different on-campus apartment that is really off-campus next year about rides to church on Sunday.
I decide that I should be grateful for what I have now. That I should worry about the future but things will work out.
Things that I am grateful for:
1. My parents- who support me no matter and their continued support when I am having rough days. That they pay for my education and for my textbooks because they want what is best for me.
2. My College Friends- who are willing to listen and have meaningful decisions with
3. My roommates- who think that I am crazy half the time because I am obsessed my new phone. I am also able to talk to them about my day and hear about theirs.
4. Being able to study at a wonderful university- as I look at Grad. programs and future plans, I worry that I won’t be able to find a university where I am challenged, pushed, and taught to look at hard issues in many different ways by so many different faculty members.
5. That I have a roof over my head and food in my belly- I was doing some research earlier this afternoon and I should be thankful that I access to clean water, food resources, and a safe place to live.
6. The people who serve our country and the Veterans who have defended our country- they are doing or have done a job that I could never do.
There is so much that I am thankful for, this just a short list.
What are you thankful for? What ways do you practice gratitude?